Mortdecai (or as he is more commonly known, Mort) is one of the main recurring characters of the beloved show ‘All Hail King Julien’. He was first introduced in the ‘Madagascar’ movies and also appeared in ‘The Penguins of Madagascar’.
Mort is known for his extra squishy-ness and likeability. He has a sort-of-innocent look to him filled with cuteness and a character that everyone most likely has been made aware of throughout the years.
However, there is a lot. I mean, really a lot that you do not know about this character. I am here to tell you the truth about Mort and who he really is. Not going to sugarcoat it, folks, you might either really dislike him after this, or you might have an all-time favourite new character in your life.
Species: Mort is a Goodman’s Mouse Lemur
However, he is technically only 40% mouse lemur. Mort has idly mentioned before that his father was a bear, as well as possessing DNA from several other unrelated species and somehow also sawdust and wood chips. His DNA also shows part starfish which is why he has gills and the ability to regenerate his head. But wait, there is more… he is also part spider and has the ability to produce webs.
Mort is a beloved little character, known by many. With his massive fan base, many would die for this little guy… even though in reality he is a very intricate older gentleman with a heavy past. So bear with me here, I am going to dive straight into this with you! Try to remain open-minded okay?
In “All Hail King Julien: Exiled“, it was revealed that Mort is from a species that is near-immortal and has the ability to suck out the life force of other ‘Morts’ which in return can give them multiple personalities.
This has given us ‘Smart Mort’ before, which was an alter ego of his own, a version of Mort from another multiverse where he was an intelligent character. Mort has also sucked out his own grandmother’s life force and she now lives inside his mind.
Let’s take a look at a few other aspects of Mort that might not be common knowledge:
- Morts sexuality has been a part of discussions before with many speculating that there is a high porbability of him actually being bisexual. Even though he has numerous relationships with women, he has shown a very deep uncomfortable obsession type of interest to King Julien.
- His obsession with King Julien can also be seen in Morts house as it is filled with paintings of the King, but also paintings of the Kings feet.
- So obviously you must have gathered by now the foot fetish vibes going on there… he is obsessed with feet. His obsession is so consuming that it gives him the raw strength to uproot a tree with his bare hands if given feet as an incentive.
- Julian opens a nightclub named “Club Moist” in “All Hail King Julien: Exiled.” Mort, who goes by the stage name Pork, is the main attraction here.
- His main act is performing a song about King Julien’s feet called “I Love Your Toes.”
Listen to the song below:
- His most important quote that gets featured quite often is “FEEEEET!” (as in, the fetish…)
- Mort is portrayed to be Jewish, in a flashback it appeared that Mort was a child, getting presents on Hanukkah from grandpa Mort.
- Mort identifies as Nonbinary.
- He can turn his head 180 degrees anticlockwise.
- Mort is something upwards of 50 years old.
- In “Daddy Julien,” Mort is shown to have a tendency to take offense at being called “old,” when he states in a low peeved tone, “I’m not really THAT much older.”
- It is indicated in Revenge of the Prom that Mort was abused sexually by Grammy Mort, leading to her consumption.
- He is talented in money management.
- He possesses great talent in the field of art.
- He is good at playing the organ.
- He calls his tail Rodney.
- He is into vore… Vorarephilia, a typically erotic desire or sexual fantasy to be consumed or to consume another. He wants to be eaten multiple times in the show.
Mort’s family tree and history also raise a few questions.
Take note, that he has had 14 wives in total, 12 of which are unnamed and that have passed on from this realm (deceased)… WHAT happened to them you might ask? Who were they? Well, we won’t really know for sure as there isn’t much to go on but based on the above and what Mort has been into… It sounds pretty suspicious…
What do you think about Mort? Still feel the same about this little ball of fuzz?
Stay Curious, Stay Blessed!
Enjoying my blog and would love to show support? How about buying me a coffee?